Monday, August 24, 2009

Camping Fun

Even though our camping trip involved a lot of blood, tears, mud, smoke, sun and wind, we all left with smiles on our faces!

Jack was an awesome camper- he only made a peep when he was hungry, and I think he slept warmer than we did at night.

The kids had fun playing with their new friends and Scott & I enjoyed getting to know our new friends even better.

We did spend several hours at the ER in Price, after Duncan's head was split open from shooting a gun and having the recoil hit his head. He is fine- other than a fun scar that he'll be sporting the rest of life.


Just a few pictures...





The property we were at had this awesome cabin. It isn't finished, but the kids loved playing inside of it. I'd love to have family pictures taken here. What an awesome structure...










Carrie and her new friend, Catie. Those two would not leave each others sides- it was so cute to see them play together.

I love this picture. I don't know what could be so serious that they had to sit down and discuss it, but you can tell they are deep in thought. :)







This is Duncan and Johnathan. Even though they are several years apart, they still had fun playing with each other. I am looking forward to more camping trips with this family. It is nice for the kids to have little playmates.










Scott and Duncan shooting. This is not the gun that was used during the accident. That would be his 9mm handgun... Duncan and Scott are best of friends- it is fun to think about what else they will do together throughout their lives.






I hope to go camping a few more times this year. It is nice to have children (including a newborn) who do so well when camping. Although it is nice to come home to a shower and clean bed, I love the chance we have to spend time together as a family building memories for a lifetime.

2 comments:

The Young's said...

No pictures of the poor battle wound?

That looks like a cool place. I'd like visiting it during the day...not so much camping. LOL

La La La Leah said...

Wow!! Look at you posting 2 times this month... I love reading your blog and I love all the new pictures you have put up! When I was reading I will admit I thought to myself ... hey they never invite us camping... then I was like we practically live together and I don't like camping.... yeah they need a break from us so its OK. ;)

xoxoxo,
Leah

About Me

Spanish Fork, Utah
Scott and I were married in 2003. We had Carrie in 2004, Duncan in 2006 and just had Jack in July. We couldn't be happier. I am currently in school with the hopes of becoming a nurse. Scott works as a machinist. We love hunting, camping, and anything outdoors. We also love the gospel, and the light and joy it brings into our lives. We are striving everyday to be better parents, spouses & friends. Through the atonement, all things are possible.