Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The things that keep me busy.



As if having two toddlers isn't busy enough, I've decided to go to school. I started at the end of January at Stevens-Henager in the Medical Specialties program. I eventually want to become an RN, but in order to do that program, I had to have a bunch of pre-req's that I didn't have. By the end of the specialties program (it's 20 months long) I will have several certifications under my belt like: CNA, MA, EMT, phlebotomy tech, lab tech, limited radiologist, etc... I figure that the more schooling and certifications I have, the more qualified I will be to then attend the nursing program.


Although this school is VERY expensive and time consuming, I love the fast pace and experience I am getting. I have 100% attendance so far ( a huge accomplishment for those of you who know my history...) and have gotten A's on all of my assignments/tests. Although I hate to be away from the kids at night during the week, I know that my hard work will be rewarded and that my family will be blessed from it.


Scott also stays busy now that he has started working in the Provo Temple. Since he doesn't work on Friday, he now spends his morning in the Temple. I am grateful to him for his diligence and desire to serve. Carrie's favorite song on our Primary CD is "Temple Song" and we listen to it over and over and over... Everytime we go past the Temple she gets excited and says that she wants to go in and see "Daddy's Temple". It is so cute to see her interest in something so important. I can't help but think that she feels the spirit and senses something special about this sacred building.


Well, other than work, school, temple, a dog and 2 toddlers, we stay plenty busy, but love every minute of it.

3 comments:

The Young's said...

Glad things are going well for you guys. You are keeping busy! :) :) :)

Super cute about Carrie and the temple! :)

The Young's said...

You need to keep updating this with the funny things your kids do, that keep you on your toes!

BTW...I tagged you. Check out my blog.

Anna said...

Busy?!?!? Okay.... so you DO have quite a bit going on! HOLY COW guys... slow it down a bit!

About Me

Spanish Fork, Utah
Scott and I were married in 2003. We had Carrie in 2004, Duncan in 2006 and just had Jack in July. We couldn't be happier. I am currently in school with the hopes of becoming a nurse. Scott works as a machinist. We love hunting, camping, and anything outdoors. We also love the gospel, and the light and joy it brings into our lives. We are striving everyday to be better parents, spouses & friends. Through the atonement, all things are possible.